Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ebert and Ezra

The idea of internet companionship has always been a strange one to me.  Why would I waste my life being on the internet building friendships when I can use my time to build physical friendships in person? Yet, Ebert acknowledged something that has never come across my mind.  I've never felt lonely so how can I judge these people.  My parents never abused me, if I was sad I have a network of people to talk to, and generally I keep myself preoccupied with close friends where I don't feel alone.  Yet, many people in the world have an uncanny ability to feel alone when they are in a room full of people.  The articles written by Ezra Klein (Being fully human)and Roger Ebert (Lonely people and a meeting of solitude) have shown that people don't need to be alone to feel lonely.  It has revealed that loneliness comes from a disregard of the problems that have been circulating within there spirits by the people you come in contact with on a daily basis. So many people isolate themselves from their fears of being unacknowledged so that they don't have to be disappointed by the character of people being self absorbed.  The internet is not a home for people to live; Ezra showed in his articles thats it's a fantasy world for them to experience the reality that they wished upon themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment